- Course Code: EC353B
- Duration: 14 weeks x 3 hours
- Study mode: Part Time
- Price: £575.00
- Tuesday, 11 January 2022
CIMA is the world’s leading, and largest, professional body of management accountants. Their unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident CGMAs who can lead their organisations to sustainable success. CIMA ensures that you’re studying the most relevant qualification for a career in finance and business and they are with you every step of the way as you work towards gaining the globally recognised CGMA designation.
The Professional Qualifications focus on employability – bridging the skills gaps of newly qualified finance professionals worldwide, meeting the needs of both business and people. The syllabus is truly competency based, enabling you to develop the skills employers are really looking for, including technical, finance and business skills as well as people and leadership skills. Our industry leading assessments test your application of knowledge in real world business situations.
Passing your CIMA exams is a demonstration to employers that you not only have the knowledge, but also the competencies and skills of a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Why come to Blackburn College?
- Teacher trained and sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities
- Small class sizes
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Excellent library facilities
Why this level?
The Operational Level is the first level of the Professional Qualification suite and consists of three computer based Objective Tests and one Case Study exam. The Operational level covers the implementation of strategy, as well as reporting on the implementation of strategy. Its focus is short-term.
- What will I study?
Operational level is the first level of the CIMA Professional Qualification and consists of three subject areas and a Case Study.
Students will learn how to:
- Prepare financial statements
- Provide management accounting information
- Use appropriate tools for decision making through a broad understanding of business
P1 Management Accounting
P1 stresses the importance of costs and the drivers of costs in the production, analysis and use of information for decision making in organisations. The time focus of P1 is the short term. It covers budgeting as a means of short-term planning to execute the strategy of organisations. In addition it provides competencies on how to analyse information on costs, volumes and prices to take short-term decisions on products and services and to develop an understanding on the impact of risk to these decisions.
Each subject is divided into a number of broad syllabus topics. A percentage weighting is shown against each syllabus topic and is intended as a guide to the proportion of study time each topic requires. It is essential that all topics in the syllabus are studied, as all topics will be examined. The weightings do not specify the number of marks that will be allocated to topics in the examination.
Cost accounting systems
Short-term decision making
Dealing with risk and uncertainty
We’re including the following, free of charge:
- All study texts
- Revision cards
- Exam kits
- (worth over £250)
- Career Advice & Guidance
- In order to help students progress in their chosen finance career, we have enlisted the skills of Rachel Mitson, an experienced professional offering specialised industry knowledge from working with a variety of business’ across the North West. Rachel will use her extensive experience of the accounting and finance industries to offer advice and guidance to all candidates on our CIMA programme.
- She will actively support students with resourceful information, advice and techniques gathered during her 15 years’ experience in the recruitment industry in order to best develop their career.
- Rachel has an excellent working knowledge of all the relevant finance qualifications and is well placed to advise students on their future development within their chosen role.
- Entry Requirements
To attend this course, you must have one of the following qualifications:
- CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
- Degree in business or accounting
- AAT Technician/Diploma level - level 4
Evidence of previous qualification must be provided with your application for you to be accepted onto the course.
As regards working experience, CIMA do not have requirements by year of study, but once studying you will need to gain as many of the criteria as possible stated at the link below, throughout your studies at this level and through the full professional tier of qualifications: https://www.cimaglobal.com/Studying/Becoming-a-cgma/Practical-experience-requirements/
If English is not your first language, evidence of achieving one of the following English Language qualifications within the last two years is also required: IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above), or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade B or above is required). CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
- How will I be assessed?
Assessment for P1
Format: Computer based Objective Test
Availability: On demand at any of the 5000 Pearson VUE centres around the world
Length: 90 minutes
Marking: Computer marked
Results: Provisional result available immediately followed by confirmation no more than 48 hours later
Objective Tests are comprised of a range of items including short multiple choice questions, number entry questions, drag and drop questions and other formats. They test all component learning outcomes across the whole subject.
- What can I do next?
You may wish to consider the full CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting qualification, or continue onto P1, F1 or the Case Study as single units
- For more information