Mediation Skills Training (Approved by the College of Mediators - Delivered by Kim Logan, ADR Mediation & Training)
- Course Code: EC603
- Duration: 40 hours
- Price: £900.00
- Start Date: 16-Sep-19
- Days: MON-FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Those who wish to become an approved mediator, whether in their workplace or to develop their skills further into a profession.
Benefits for the attendees?
Upon successful completion of the training, students can join the College of Mediators as an approved Mediator.
About the tutor, Kim Logan of ADR Mediation & Training
ADR Mediation & Training was founded by current Managing Director, Kim Logan. She has worked in communities across England and is a NOCN trained mediator with more than a decade of experience. Kim is PTTLs trained and leads on the 5-day Mediation training approved by College of Mediators. ADR Mediation & Training delivers this course to individuals and organisations in England.
- What will I study?
- Explore what conflict means for people and how we respond
- Consider and understand different responses to conflict
- Develop effective communication skills
- Understand and communicate the mediation process
- Build an understanding of the skills and roles of a mediator
- Give practice in using the skills in the mediation process
- Understand how people think, feel and behave in conflict
- How this can contribute to a dispute
- Help participants deal with conflict more effectively
- Understand mediation and the process
- Recognise the role and skills of a mediator
- How we listen and build rapport
- Showing empathy
- Give and collect information
- Chose appropriate communication methods
- Working with a co-mediator
- Managing the structure and timekeeping of initial visits
- Enable clients to determine what use they will make of the service
- Contribute to creating a helpful, productive and safe environment
- First practical assessment
- Manage the structure and flow of a joint meeting
- Empower parties to resolve their conflict
- Manage conflict and tension
- Assessed joint meeting role play
Course fee includes all tuition, refreshments, buffet lunch on each day, a Blackburn College Certificate of Attendance
- Entry Requirements
It is essential that individuals have an adequate level of English to understand the information delivered by the tutor and to be able to read, write and understand the handouts.
- How will I be assessed?
Assessed practical & written (including home study).
- What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of the training you may join the College of Mediators as Trained Members.
- For more information