CIPD - Level 5 - Diploma in Human Resources
- Course Code: EC674
- Duration: 35 weeks x 8 hours
- Price: £2290.00
- Start Date: 10-Sep-19
- Days: TUE
- Times: 12:00-21:00, 13:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the awarding body of this Intermediate Certificate and Diploma, has developed the range of HR Professional qualifications it awards, following extensive consultation with industry to ensure that their programmes are completely up-to-date and relevant to the HR practitioner. This programme, set at Level 5 (equivalent to the second year or an honours degree level) is designed to give an all round grounding in the main skills and knowledge used by line managers and human resources practitioners when managing employees and dealing with the associated human resource management problems. The emphasis is on thinking managerially and how HR practice contributes to success of organisational practice.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- We are a CIPD Approved centre and provide teaching on the national CIPD scheme, with CIPD awarded qualifications, that mean you have international portability and recognition of your attainment and qualification once completed
- We have a proven track record of quality teaching and student achievement
- We are rated in the highest banding of quality assurance by the CIPD that expresses their confidence in our teaching and administration of the programme
- Teacher-trained and CIPD qualified teaching staff who have worked in industry and commerce and have obtained high levels of academic achievement themselves
- Purpose-built Higher Education facilities
- Right-sized classes that will enable you to feel comfortable and supported in your learning
- Pastoral student support from tutors and other support staff for those times when you may need a little more help
- Online virtual learning environment, based upon the Moodle platform, to support the CIPD website resources, for all year round study support and resources
- What will I study?
What will I study and when?
COURSE / MODULE NAME
CIPD5 - Diploma
1.00 – 9.00 pm
CIPD5 - Certificate
5.30 – 9.00 pm
A range of modules will be offered based on the CIPD syllabus. For 18/19, the units are as follows:
- CIPD5 - Developing Professional Practice (5DVP)
- CIPD5 - Business Issues and the Contexts of HR (5CHR)
- CIPD5 - Using Information in Human Resources (5UIN)
- CIPD5 - Resourcing & Talent Planning (5RST)
- CIPD5 - Employment Law (5EML)
- CIPD5 - Developing Leadership and Management Skills (5LMS)
- CIPD5 - Reward Management (5RMT) - Diploma Only
- CIPD5 - Managing & Coordinating the HR Function (5HRF) - Diploma Only
Usual day of attendance is Tuesday. The programme will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn. The Diploma programme will on one afternoon and one evening per week starting at 1.00pm.
The Certificate programme will be offered one evening per week starting at 5.30pm.
In addition, for both the Diploma and Certificate streams there will be an extra study period to complete one module and this will be spread over two periods, provisionally on a Friday and Saturday. The dates will be in November / December 2018 and the tutor will confirm arrangements at the start of the course.
You'll find useful information about CIPD including text book ideas (you do not need to purchase them all!) and insights into the programmes here: media/5728/cipd-new-student-marketing.zip and a link to CIPD's YouTube Channel at this link: youtube.com/user/CIPDGlobal
- Entry Requirements
You would normally have a CIPD Level 3 certificate qualification, A’ Levels or an equivalent qualification. You will also need the support of your employer (or an equivalent) to be able to undertake the assessments, which have a work based element.
Once you have been confirmed as having a place on the course and have made your payment, please ensure that you join the CIPD using the link provided (if you have not done so already). Please ensure to keep your membership up to date.
- How will I be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used such as assignments, group work, timed assessments, role play, assignments and case studies. In many of the assessments you will be required to use your own workplace as a case study.
- What can I do next?
Once you have successfully completed the course you may consider undertaking the CIPD Level 7 Diploma in Human Resources Management or Development. The course team will adivse you on the suitability of this course in terms of meeting your personal learning needs. See our CIPD courses here
- For more information