CIPD - Level 5 - Certificate in Human Resources
- Course Code: EC677
- Duration: 32 weeks x 3.5 hours
- Price: £1450.00
- Start Date:
- Days: TUE/WED
- Times: 17:30-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the awarding body of this Intermediate Certificate and Diploma, has developed the range of HR Professional qualifications it awards, following extensive consultation with industry to ensure that their programmes are completely up-to-date and relevant to the HR practitioner.
This programme, set at Level 5 (equivalent to the second year or an honours degree level) is designed to give an all round grounding in the main skills and knowledge used by line managers and human resources practitioners when managing employees and dealing with the associated human resource management problems. The emphasis is on thinking managerially and how HR practice contributes to success of organisational practice.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- We are a CIPD Approved centre and provide teaching on the national CIPD scheme, with CIPD awarded qualifications, that mean you have international portability and recognition of your attainment and qualification once completed
- We have a proven track record of quality teaching and student achievement
- We are rated in the highest banding of quality assurance by the CIPD that expresses their confidence in our teaching and administration of the programme
- Teacher-trained and CIPD qualified teaching staff who have worked in industry and commerce and have obtained high levels of academic achievement themselves
- Purpose-built Higher Education facilities
- Right-sized classes that will enable you to feel comfortable and supported in your learning
- Pastoral student support from tutors and other support staff for those times when you may need a little more help
- Online virtual learning environment, based upon the Moodle platform, to support the CIPD website resources, for all year round study support and resources
- What will I study?
COURSE / MODULE NAME
CIPD5 - Diploma in Human Resources (Full Year)
CIPD5 - Certificate in Human Resources (Full Year)
Developing Professional Practice (5DVP)
Resourcing & Talent Planning (5RST)
Reward Management (5RMT) - Diploma Only
CIPD5 - Contemporary Developments in Employment Relations (5DER)
Business Issues and the Contexts of HR (5CHR)
Using Information in Human Resources (5UIN)
Managing & Coordinating the HR Function (5HRF) - Diploma Only
Developing Leadership and Management Skills (5LMS)
CIPD5 - Contemporary Developments in Employment Relations- (Certificate only for 10 weeks - evening)
This course is also eligible for Advanced Learner Loan funding, as follows:
Certificate - Loan amount = £724 / remainder to pay = £726 (instalment options available)
Diploma - Loan amount = £1,265 / remainder to pay = £695 (instalment options available)
If you would be interested in booking by this method please contact us before completing any documentation (price subject to change).
How will the programme be delivered?
The programme will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn. The Diploma programme will on one afternoon and one evening per week. The Certificate programme will be offered one evening per week for most of the year however for the first 10 weeks, this will be for two evenings a week, starting at 5.30pm. You will study alongside the Diploma structure and undertake the same assessments.
In addition, for both the Diploma and Certificate streams there will be an extra study period to complete one unit and this will be spread over two periods, provisionally on a Friday and Saturday. The date will be early in the course and the tutor will notify you of these at the start of the course.
A range of assessment methods will be used such as assignments, group work, reflective logs, timed assessments, role play, assignments and case studies. In many of the assessments you will be required to use your own workplace as a case study.
You'll find useful information about CIPD including text book ideas (you do not need to purchase them all!) and insights into the programmes here: media/5728/cipd-new-student-marketing.zip and a link to CIPD's YouTube Channel at this link: youtube.com/user/CIPDGlobal
- Entry Requirements
You would normally have a CIPD Level 3 certificate qualification, A’ Levels or an equivalent qualification. You will also need the support of your employer (or an equivalent) to be able to undertake the assessments, which have a work based element.
Once you have been confirmed as having a place on the course and have made your payment, please ensure that you join the CIPD using the link provided (if you have not done so already). Please ensure to keep your membership up to date.
- How will I be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used such as assignments, group work, timed assessments, role play, assignments and case studies. In many of the assessments you will be required to use your own workplace as a case study.
- What can I do next?
See our Level 7 CIPD Course here
- For more information