CIPD - Level 5 - Certificate in Human Resources
- Course Code: EC677
- Duration: 35 weeks x 3.5 hours
- Price: £1590.00
- Times: 17:30-21:00
- Validated by: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Delivery Type: PT
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the awarding body of this Intermediate Certificate and Diploma, has developed the range of HR Professional qualifications it awards, following extensive consultation with industry to ensure that their programmes are completely up-to-date and relevant to the HR practitioner.
This programme, set at Level 5 (equivalent to the second year or an honours degree level) is designed to give an all round grounding in the main skills and knowledge used by line managers and human resources practitioners when managing employees and dealing with the associated human resource management problems. The emphasis is on thinking managerially and how HR practice contributes to success of organisational practice.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- We are a CIPD Approved centre and provide teaching on the national CIPD scheme, with CIPD awarded qualifications, that mean you have international portability and recognition of your attainment and qualification once completed
- We have a proven track record of quality teaching and student achievement
- We are rated in the highest banding of quality assurance by the CIPD that expresses their confidence in our teaching and administration of the programme
- Teacher-trained and CIPD qualified teaching staff who have worked in industry and commerce and have obtained high levels of academic achievement themselves
- Purpose-built Higher Education facilities
- Right-sized classes that will enable you to feel comfortable and supported in your learning
- Pastoral student support from tutors and other support staff for those times when you may need a little more help
- Online virtual learning environment, based upon the Moodle platform, to support the CIPD website resources, for all year round study support and resources
- What will I study?
CIPD Level 5 - Certificate in Human Resource Management
4 Saturday sessions
5.30pm - 9.00pm
9.00am – 1.00pm
11/09/19 - 01/07/20 (excluding holidays)
12/10/19; 14/12/19; 07/03/20; 20/06/20
Developing Professional Practice (5DVP)
Business Issues and the Contexts of HR (5CHR)
Using Information in Human Resources (5UIN)
Resourcing & Talent Planning (5RST)
Employment Law (5EML)
Developing Leadership and Management Skills (5LMS)
- Entry Requirements
You would normally have a CIPD Level 3 certificate qualification, A’ Levels or an equivalent qualification. You will also need the support of your employer (or an equivalent) to be able to undertake the assessments, which have a work based element.
Once you have been confirmed as having a place on the course and have made your payment, please ensure that you join the CIPD using the link provided (if you have not done so already). Please ensure to keep your membership up to date.
Please note that in addition to the programme fees above you will be required to pay direct to the CIPD a joining fee of £40.00 and an annual subscription fee, currently £118(subject to change). In addition students are recommended to purchase the relevant course text books to support your learning. More details will be provided at induction.
You must remain in membership throughout all the time that you are both on the course and awaiting for your certificate to be awarded. The CIPD will not process certificates for anyone who is not in membership, and dealing with such cases can delay the entire group from being processed in a timely manner by the CIPD
Both of the above options are also eligible for Advanced Learner Loan funding. Details available at https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview. The loan values and payments required to College are:
CIPD Level 5 Certificate = £724 loan funded and £866 payable to college
This option is NOT available if your employer is funding the course.
- How will I be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used such as assignments, group work, timed assessments, role play, assignments and case studies. In many of the assessments you will be required to use your own workplace as a case study.
- What can I do next?
See our Level 7 CIPD Course here
- For more information