Paediatric First Aid Level 3
- Course Code: FC004
- Duration: 14 hours
- Price: £65.00
- Start Date: 05-Nov-18, 07-Feb-19, 04-Mar-19, 07-May-19, 26-Jun-19
- Days: MON/THU, MON/TUE, THU/FRI, TUE/WED, WED/THU
- Times: 09:15-16:15
- Validated by: QA
- Delivery Type: PT
Do you have the First Aiders you need within your workplace or school? Maybe you have too many, maybe you have too little. To help you ensure you are employing the correct number of First Aiders within the workplace we have launched a First Aid calculator. This calculator will simply allow you to calculate how many First Aiders you need and the levels of training they require. Please click here to use this facility - https://www.qualsafeawards.org/calculator/5f2cd29caf9ea730c8baf6c4f9a9472f
This 12 hour course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work to provide First Aid in any emergency situation to children and babies, these include early year's teachers, nursery works and child minders, (as defined within the Early Years Year's Foundation Stage document and within The Child Care Register guide which is designed to cover Ofsted's minimum requirements for those who are subject to those guidelines).
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered by utilising a flexible approach to teaching considering the learners speed and abilities, in learning style to make the learning experience more interesting and enjoyable, helps stimulate learning and maximise theological knowledge and practical application, this will be achieved by the use of; work books, Power point, group discussion, practical activities, and question and answer sessions.
Please note we can deliver this course for a group on your premises or here at College for a minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 candidates this is priced at £690.00 per group (additional travel costs apply).
- What will I study?
The course will cover the following topics:
UNIT 1 Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- The role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- How to assess an emergency situation safely.
- First aid for an infant and a child
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- who is choking.
- with external bleeding.
- who is suffering from shock
- with bites, stings and minor injuries.
UNIT 2 Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies.
- First aid to an infant and a child
- with a suspected fracture.
- with head, neck or back injury.
- with conditions effecting the eyes, ears and nose.
- with an acute medical condition or sudden illness.
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold.
- has sustained an electric shock.
- with burns or scalds.
- who has been poisoned.
- with anaphylaxis.
This course can be tailored to take into account specific situations in the workplace.
The course will be delivered through a flexible approach to teaching considering the learners speed and abilities, in learning style, to make the learning experience more interesting and enjoyable. This helps stimulate learning and maximise theological knowledge and practical application. The tutor will use work books, PowerPoint presentations, group discussions, practical activities, role play and question and answer sessions.
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
There are no formal entry requirements but learners should possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements of the qualification.
- How will I be assessed?
The following are the methods of assessment for the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification:
Practical assessments – these are observed by the trainer throughout the two-day course
Practical assessments are:
- Infant CPR and safe use of an AED
- Child CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking casualty (paediatric)
- Unconscious casualty
- Paediatric wounds, bleeding and shock
- Management of paediatric fractures
Theory Assessment – there are two multiple choice written assessment papers.
On success completion of the course candidates will be awarded the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Qualification, which is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to re-take the course and assessments to remain qualified.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of First Aid courses, click here for further information.
- For more information