Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
This is a part time course for adults who are employed in a management role in children and young people’s residential services. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards and show that you have the level of knowledge, understanding and skills to complete your work effectively. This qualification is the accepted qualification for registration and regulation where appropriate and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local regulatory guidance relating to Residential Management
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work
- Enables candidates to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of assessment methods
- What will I study?
To achieve the City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England), learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits overall.
Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Understand children and young people’s development.
- Understand support for children and young who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
- Lead and manage a team.
- Implement a Positive Relationship Policy.
- Lead practice in safe use of digital, internet and mobile technology.
- Undertake professional development.
- Entry Requirements
You must be employed in a management role in residential childcare.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be on programme for 18 months. Delivery is flexible and can be adapted to meet the individual needs and experience of candidates and preferences of employers.
You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care courses, click here for further information.
- For more information