- Course Code: FC400
- Duration: 7 hours
- Price: £170.00
- Wednesday, 28 July 2021
- Wednesday, 08 December 2021
- Wednesday, 09 February 2022
- Wednesday, 20 April 2022
- Wednesday, 08 June 2022
- Wednesday, 27 July 2022
IOSHs globally delivered, one-day, face-to-face Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course provides essential knowledge for anyone who is involved in construction activities.
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK, it has been aligned, to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
CSCS approval means that the course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card - allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit sites within their work.
How will the course be delivered?
Through classroom-based tuition, please note candidates will be required to complete a multiple-choice examination 1 week after the classroom delivery.
What will I get at the end of the course?
On successful achievement, candidates will receive an IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers certificate. Once you have passed the Health and Safety and Environment Test you will then need to apply for your CSCS Card. (card is not included).
- What will I study?
Below are the units covered on the course:
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
- For more information