- Course Code: PH011
- Duration: 30 weeks x 3 hours
- Approved by: University of the Arts London
- Price: £460.00
This is a 30 weeks exciting and varied photography course and qualification.
It is designed for those who wish to learn the fundamentals of camera control, lighting (flashguns/studio) combined with an introduction and how to get started with an element of post-production within Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
It is ideally suited for the absolute beginner and a great start to any photographic education or for those who wish to progress further or just get to know their camera a little better as a hobbyist.
Delivered in a relaxed and friendly environment this course provides the key skills that are necessary in order to work confidently with an emphasis on technical understanding, allowing for creative potential to be released.
Participants of this course will leave with the confidence and competence to move onto a higher level with their picture making.
Who is the course for?
This course is Ideally suitable for the absolute beginner or for anyone who is interested in developing their knowledge and getting their Photography education off the ground.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered by 30 taught /practical x 3 hours evenings classes.
On completion of both the 4 units within the UAL Level 2 Award, you may then progress and continue should you wish to the UAL Level 3 Award or Certificate should you wish to continue and enhance your knowledge.
What will I study?
In this 30 week course you will cover an Introduction to Photographic History, and complete 4 Units which may include areas such as,
Unit 1 - The Digital Camera
In this unit you will you will be introduced to and cover,
- Exposure control and all camera functions. E.g. ISO, F-Stops, Shutter Speeds. How to Control Depth of Field (the amount of focus/blur in an image ). How to control Movement within an image. An introduction to composition. Introduction to White Balance & Histograms. Low Light Photography Light Painting. Portraits
- Controlling the light within an image using, Off Camera Flash and basic modifiers. An Introduction to Photographic genres and Photographers in each.
Unit 2 - Digital Storage and Manipulation
In this unit you will be introduced to and cover
- Lightroom, set up, Catalogues and workflow, including Importing and exporting images.
- The difference in Shooting in RAW and Jpeg. How to store your digital images. Re-sizing images
- How to watermark your images. Basic image manipulation such as converting to Black and White, Spot healing.
- How to save and name your images. Different digital File Types. How to print your Photographs.
Unit 3 – Studio Photography
In this unit you will be introduced to and cover. Introduction to the Professional Studio. How to Set up and Control Studio Lighting with various Modifiers. Understand how to Use Key and Fill Lights and in What Circumstances. Understand what Sync speed and how to control it. How to take High Key and Low Key Portraits. How light can alter an image.
Unit 4 – Final Major Project
A Project of your choice considering and applying all that you have learnt.
- Weekly Photographic reviews and feedback sessions.
There are no entry requirements other than a keen interest.
What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of photography courses, click here for further information.
For more information