Level 2 Gym Instructor - Distance Learning
- Course Code: SC093
- Duration: 0
- Price: £300.00
- Times: -
- Validated by: ACTIVEIQ
- Delivery Type: PT
Please note candidates can commence the course anytime.
- What will I study?
This qualification is aimed at individuals who want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry in the context of gym-based exercise.
This qualification gives the learner the minimum requirements to work in a gym as a qualified Gym Instructor.
Anatomy and physiology including:
- The heart, lungs and circulatory system
- Energy systems and their relation to exercise
- The musculoskeletal system
- The nervous system and its relation to exercise
- Posture and core stability
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Other client groups covered include older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients; provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed.
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
Pre course theory Anatomy and Physiology Development (reading of subject area)
Completion of learning portfolio and development of session plans (distance learning)
1 day formative assessment
1 day revision session
1 day theory & practical assessment
Multiple choice theory papers
On successful completion candidates will receive the Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym Based Exercise
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of sport courses, click here for further information.
- For more information