- Course Code: SC104
- Duration: 30 weeks x 3 hours
- Validated by: CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Price: £925.00
- Tuesday, 15 March 2022
This qualification is designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles. It is awarded by the CPCAB who are the only awarding organisation run by counsellors for counsellors.
This qualification is for:
- Those starting the first level of training as a professional counsellor
- Those who want to learn counselling skills in other professional or helping roles
- Those who want to improve their professional and personal relationships as part of personal development
What is the qualification useful for?
This qualification could lead to employment or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles. It provides additional skills for those already in employment which is likely to lead to increased opportunities for promotion and advancement.
It can also lead to entry on to our Lancaster University validated Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (alongside an interview).
- What will I study?
1. Use counselling skills ethically and safely
- Use counselling skills within an ethical framework
- Work within personal limits of ability
- Enable the helpee to find additional sources of support where appropriate
2. Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role
- Establish boundaries as a helper in a particular setting and within the limits of time available
- Establish the nature and limits of confidentiality for helping work
- Maintain the boundaries of the helping role throughout the session
- End the helping interaction appropriately
- Entry Requirements
The CPCAB guidelines state that, to fully benefit from this course, you should:
- Be able to cope with the course content
- Have the Ability to translate intra-personal experience into language
- Be able to benefit from self-development
- Be motivated towards developing as a helper
- Have emotional stability
- Be able to identify reasons for training beyond just personal development.
- Have an awareness of difference and diversity
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a variety of methods through workshops, seminars, personal development workshops and training group work, projects and presentations and reviews of skills and understanding. You will also complete two tutor-observed counselling skills practice sessions, of which one will be recorded.
- For more information