Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills CPCAB
- Course Code: SC104
- Duration: 30 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £900.00
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Delivery Type: PT
This qualification is designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles.
This qualification is for:
- Those starting the first level of training as a professional counsellor
- Those who want to learn counselling skills in other professional or helping roles
- Those who want to improve t heir professional and personal relationships as part of personal development
- What will I study?
This qualification could lead to employment or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles. It provides additional skills for those already in employment which is likely to lead to increased opportunities for promotion and advancement.
It can also lead to entry on to the FdA in Counselling (subject to validation for 2019 entry)
- Entry Requirements
The CPCAB guidelines state that, to fully benefit from this course, you should:
- Be able to cope with the course content
- Be able to benefit from self-development
- Be motivated towards developing as a helper
- Have emotional stability
- Have an awareness of difference and diversity
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a variety of methods through workshops, seminars, personal development workshops and training group work, projects and presentations and reviews of skills and understanding.
You will also complete two tutor-observed counselling skills practice sessions, of which one will be recorded
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of counselling courses, click here for further information.
- For more information