- Course Code: BB274SD
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: Association of Accounting Technicians
An Accounts/Finance Assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a business. The Accounts/Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the team of accountants with junior accounting duties.
- What will I study?
Aware of elements of commercial law that may have an impact when working in accountancy, such as contracts, data protection or Anti Money Laundering
- Explain the importance of upholding relevant codes of conduct
- Explain different legal entities and organisational structures
- The impact of technology on business and its accounting and finance functions
- Entry Requirements
Individual employers will determine their own entry requirements and ideally have grade 9 – 5 in English and Maths.
- How will I be assessed?
End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
Both assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
- What can I do next?
Higher level course. Progression on to Assistant Accounting Apprenticeship Level 3 Advanced.
- Your Study Programme