- Course Code: TM250SD
- Duration: 2 years
- Study mode: Part Time
An Auto-care Technician carries out a range of services and repairs to cars, car derived vans and light goods vehicles, working in an Auto-care or “Fast-Fit” Centre, which may be part of a national chain or operated by a regional/local independent group/owner. An Auto-care Technician requires a unique combination of technical, retail and customer service skills. They will use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults.
What will I study?
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy and safe workplace
- Carry out stock procedures
- Carry out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance
- Make recommendations to customers based on the results of inspections,
- Carry out replacement/repair and balancing of a range of light vehicle tyres
- Carry out the replacement of components on a specific range of vehicle systems
- Carry out 4-wheel Geometry operations
- Use a range of specialist tools & equipment, mechanical & electrical measuring tools
- Identify & procure correct parts to meet specific customer requirements
- Access vehicle technical data to inform inspections
- Use specific company IT systems within the workplace
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 prior to taking their apprenticeship end-point assessment.
How will I be assessed?
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge Assessments
- Practical Observation
- Professional Review (supported by a portfolio of evidence)
What can I do next?
Other relevant courses.
Your Study Programme