- Course Code: BBTRAINBA
- Start Date: 01-Aug-20, 01-Aug-21
- Study mode: Full Time
From the 31st July 2020 there will no longer be a L2 Business Administration apprenticeship available.
The L3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard is available for those who have achieved GCSE grades 4-9, or alternatively achieve L2 maths and English at initial assessment. At interview, applicants will need to demonstrate confidence, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If someone presents well at interview and has only achieved L1 initial assessments, they should still be considered and a discussion should take place with Claire Owen.
First Steps into Business Administration
This short programme will provide suitable applicants with the skills and experience they need to be able to progress to the L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard within 6 months.
This course is suitable for people who are not yet ready for the L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. To be eligible for the course applicants must be aged between 16-24, with little or no work experience and qualified below level 3.
For organisations looking to recruit someone to the L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard
There is an employer checklist, which will need to be completed to show how the full scope of the qualification will be met. Some of the complex roles and responsibilities, which the apprentice will need to cover include;
- Uses ICT to perform financial transactions, record and analyse data
- Demonstrates ability to challenge and influence appropriately
- Understands and applies social media solutions appropriately
- Shares administrative best practice across the organisation e.g. coaches others to perform tasks correctly.
- Manages resources
- Undertakes and leads projects
Where an applicant does not meet the initial assessment requirements and is unlikely to be able to carry out the responsibilities above, an alternative pathway, which will lead to the L3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard should be offered and encouraged.
What is involved?
- The course will last between 3-6 months
- College attendance 1-2 days a week, which will include maths and English for those who have not achieved GCSE A-C/4-9, work preparation training, support to find an apprenticeship and a L2 award in Administration.
- Attendance at work placement for between 1 and 3 days a week.
- A dedicated Business Assessor will visit the workplace to carry out progress reviews with the student and employer to ensure preparation for the progression to the L3 apprenticeship where appropriate.
Applicants without an employer
Where applicants for customer service and business administration apprenticeships do not have an employer, there are two options:
- Join the above, First Steps into Business Administration Traineeship course
- Join the level 2 full time business administration course
By joining each of the above courses, the apprenticeship team will continue to work with the applicant to find an employer. If they then secure an apprenticeship employer, they can then transfer over to the apprenticeship course. The skills, knowledge and behaviours developed on either of the above courses can be transferred over to the L3 Business Administrator or L2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- Your Study Programme