- Course Code: DB300B18
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) has been designed in conjunction with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), to meet employer demands for business-ready graduates and provides a valuable route for up skilling experienced managers already in the workplace. Those completing the Apprenticeship will achieve BA (Hons) Business Management with Leadership and the opportunity to achieve Chartered Manager status.
The CMDA is part of a wider Government initiative to support and enable the development of skills in the workplace through Apprenticeships. This is a distinctive management programme aimed at developing confident, competent forward-thinking managers and uses innovative teaching and learning methods, both in the University Centre at Blackburn College and in your place of work. You will be equipped with a wide range of knowledge and skills, designed to make you an asset to a variety of roles in any organisation with leadership or managerial responsibilities.
Benefits to Apprentices
- Study towards a full undergraduate degree without the burden of student debt.
- Earn whilst studying
- Develop industry-specific skills and real-world experience through on-the-job training with experts in their field.
- Boost career prospects with valuable work experience and a recognised qualification.
- Gain additional professional qualifications.
Benefit to Employers
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is a cost effective route for the professional development of your team.
- For Apprenticeship Levy paying employers (wage bill above £3m) you can invest your levy payments from your Digital account to pay course fees
- For non-Apprenticeship Levy paying employers, the government will cover 90% of the cost of course fees.
- Supporting your managers through a Degree Apprenticeship programme will enable you to retain your best talent.
- What will I study?
All modules are mandatory and are listed below:
Year One - Level 4 – Foundation Degree
- Business Environment - Economic Context
- Introduction to Finance
- Business Law
- Principles of Human Resource Management
- Digital Business
- Understanding Organisations
- Research Methods
- Reflective Practitioner
Year Two - Level 5 – Foundation Degree
- Project Management
- Business Marketing
- Business Operations and Quality
- Business Finance
- Relationship Management
- Management and Leadership
- Research Project
- Work based learning
Year Three - Level 6 – Honours Degree
- Development and Evaluation project
- Business Project
- Business Operations and Change
- Financial Management
- Advanced Leadership and Management
The course will take up to 3 years to complete combining blended learning of on-the-job practical training with integrated academic learning. After this you will prepare for the gateway and end point assessment and must pass this assessment in order to ensure that this qualification is fully funded (i.e. you do not need to pay the tuition fees up front or get a tuition fee loan for this qualification). At this stage you will achieve Chartered Manager status and be awarded the full Apprenticeship standard. This blended approach is designed to be adaptable and flexible with a combination of face to face university teaching, online learning research and reflective practice and assessment.
- Entry Requirements
You will need to apply for or already be employed in a role with responsibilities aligned with the degree content. Entry requirements and selection processes can be influenced by your employer so they may vary between organisations.
You will be selected based on your applications, an interview and an assessment process which is tailored to the applicant’s position.
Applicants who do not meet the typical entry criteria but have relevant work / life experience will be considered on an individual basis and may be invited to interview.
Typically employers require:
- Three A Levels (or equivalent)
- 48 UCAS points
- At least Grade 4 or C GCSE Maths and English.
Applicants will also need to meet the government's eligibility criteria:
- Have been a UK/EU/EAA resident for the past three years or more prior to starting the course
- Have left full time education when this apprenticeship is due to start
- How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you’ll be assessed by a variety of methods. These include: Assignments, Time Constraint assessments, Examinations, Professional dialogues, Portfolios and Projects.
Wherever possible the assessment will incorporate the student's own working practice or scenarios that will depict possible real-life situations as faced by organisations today. All learning is work-related as students are employed and the assessment is related to live briefs and/or scenarios.
- What can I do next?
A Chartered Manager will become more confident as they develop new organisational and interpersonal skills, making them an asset to a wide variety of roles in any organisation, including management, senior management, head of department, operation management, and any other role with significant leadership or managerial responsibilities. The range of roles envisaged for graduates from this degree include but are not limited to those looking to begin or develop a career including department managers, senior managers, operations managers or anyone with significant managerial responsibilities.
- Your Study Programme