- Course Code: BBTRAINCC
- Start Date: 01-Aug-20, 01-Aug-21
- Study mode: Full Time
From September we will be enrolling Learners onto the New Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
The Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard is available to those learners that wish to work as an assistant in the Early Years Sector. Learners will be expected to complete Level 1 Maths and English Functional Skills and work towards level 2. At interview potential apprenticeships will need to demonstrate a passion for working with babies and young children. They will demonstrate confidence and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Potential Applicants must have at least entry level 3 in their initial assessment.
First Steps into Early Years
This short programme will provide suitable applicants with the skills and experience they need to be able to progress to the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard within 6 months.
This course is suitable for people who are not yet ready for the Level 2 Early Years Apprenticeship Standard. To be eligible for the course applicants must be aged between 16-24, with little or no work experience and qualified below level 3.
For organisations looking to recruit someone to an Early Years Apprenticeship standard
There is an employer checklist, which will need to be completed to show how the full scope of the qualification will be met. Some of the complex roles and responsibilities, which the apprentice will need to cover include;
- Plan for personal care routines of babies and young children
- Plan appropriate activities for babies and young children
- Work with colleagues to safeguard children and young children
- Work with colleagues and other professionals to ensure the best outcomes for children
- Work with colleagues to ensure that they provide a safe, nurturing, caring engaging environment for babies and young children
- Work in partnership with Parents.
Where an applicant does not meet the initial assessment requirements and is unlikely to be able to carry out the responsibilities above, an alternative pathway, which will lead to the Early Years apprenticeship standard should be offered and encouraged.
What is involved?
- The course will last between 3-6 months
- College attendance 1-2 days a week, which will include maths and English for those who have not achieved GCSE A-C/4-9, work preparation training, support to find an apprenticeship and a L2 Early Years qualification. (Title TBC)
- Attendance at work placement for between 1 and 3 days a week.
- A dedicated Early Years Assessor will visit the workplace to carry out progress reviews with the student and employer to ensure preparation for the progression to the Level 2 apprenticeship where appropriate.
Applicants without an employer
Where applicants for Early Years Practitioner apprenticeships do not have an employer, there are two options:
- Join the above, First Steps into Early Years Traineeship course
- Join the level 2 full time Early Years Practitioner course
By joining each of the above courses, the apprenticeship team will continue to work with the applicant to find an employer. If they then secure an apprenticeship employer, they can then transfer over to the apprenticeship course. The skills, knowledge and behaviours developed on either of the above courses can be transferred over to the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.
- Your Study Programme