- Course Code: HB403NF
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
A professional approach to this industry is paramount as interaction with the general public is ongoing. The job role will include meeting and greeting clients, reception duties and developing a client base. The employer will expect you to carry out hairdressing services and promote your skills.
Training will be given on a weekly basis in the work place; this may follow the college programme. Monthly or weekly meetings/appraisals may be given along with regular reviews.
The training the college will provide on a weekly basis:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation services
- Hair colour correction services
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- What will I study?
Apprenticeship for hairdressing level 3. Functional Skills Maths, English and Employees rights and responsibilities if required.
- Entry Requirements
You will need Maths + English passes at grade A*- C or equivalent and have successfully completed a Hairdressing /Barbering Apprenticeship at Level 2. You will also need to be employed in a barber shop/ salon that offers opportunities for you to complete all NVQ Level 3 units.
- How will I be assessed?
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this by the end of the Apprenticeship Programme.
- What can I do next?
After successful completion of the course you can progress to the following courses:
- Your Study Programme