- Course Code: CC454
- Duration: 2 academic years
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
These qualifications provide in depth information about the role of the Level 3 playworker when working with children and young people between the ages of 4 to 16. They allow learners to gain an understanding of the management of play environments and the line management of other staff. The Award and Certificate are mainly knowledge based, with a limited amount of practical application. The Diploma covers the knowledge and skills needed when working un-supervised and requires the learner to demonstrate these in the workplace.
- What will I study?
• Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure play environment for children and young people
• Promote positive relationships in the play environment
• Plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
• Contribute to organisational frameworks that reflects the needs and protects the rights of children and young people
• Understand the Playwork principles
• Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Entry Requirements
- You need to be 18
- GCSE Maths and / Or English Grade C or Equivalent
- Suitable employment in a Playwork Setting
- How will I be assessed?
You are assessed by producing a portfolio of evidence that supports your ability and competence to work with children and young people. Each learner will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor to assess competency in the real work.
- What can I do next?
- Hospital playwork assistant
- Assistant playworker in a children’s holiday club
- After-school club playwork assistant
- Adventure centre assistant
- Soft Play area assistant
- Your Study Programme