- Course Code: AD600SD
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: NONE
- Study mode: Part Time
Textile Care Services Operatives operate in an increasingly high technology based environment. Textile Care Service Operatives report to a Team Leader or Line Manager. They may also interact with Production Managers, General Managers, Engineers, Customer Service Executives, Account Managers, Drivers and customers. Working patterns may include shift work, as much of the sector operates 365 days per year.
Textile Care Service Operatives have core knowledge, skills and behaviours and specialist knowledge and skills in either commercial laundry or dry/wet cleaning.
- What will I study?
Textile Care Services Operatives typical duties include:
- Sorting and identifying incoming product, often using technology, e.g. work-wear, table cloths, sheets, towels, personal items for dry/wet cleaning
- Ensuring the product is high-quality and fit for purpose;
- Working safely and efficiently, whilst minimising the impact on the environment
- Rectifying basic faults, e.g. product mis-feed
- Classifying products for appropriate cleaning process
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process, e.g. bleach
- Operating specialist equipment/machinery to process products in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs), e.g. batch washing machines and presses steamers
- Drying and finishing products whilst adhering to company quality procedures
- Preparing and packing items for dispatch to meet customer requirements.
- Entry Requirements
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the tests for Level 2 prior to taking their end point assessment.
- How will I be assessed?
The EPA consists of two distinct assessment methods:
- Knowledge test
- Practical skills assessment
- What can I do next?
Other relevant courses.
- Your Study Programme