- Course Code: RE149
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Study mode: Part Time
If English isn't your main language, our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses can help you improve your English. ESOL (English for Speakers of other Languages) qualifications are designed to help you develop the skills you use in everyday life. They can also help you boost your CV or move on to further study.
Taking an ESOL qualification can help you:
- with employment
- talk to doctors and teachers
- support your child with their homework
- understand the customs of the UK
- pass the Life in the UK test and become a British citizen
- What will I study?
The course covers speaking and listening, reading and writing, gaining vocabulary as well as all aspects of punctuation and grammar.
The course will help you improve your English and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
There are different levels that you can study on:
- First Steps in English (ESOL Entry Level 1)
- Moving on in English (ESOL Entry Level 2)
- Performing in English (ESOL Entry Level 3)
- Intermediate English (Level 1)
- Advanced English (Level 2)
We will work with you to establish what Level you will study on.
- Entry Requirements
You do not need any previous qualifications to join the classes. You'll need to attend an initial interview during which your level will be assessed. At this stage we'll be able to direct you towards the most appropriate course.
- How will I be assessed?
You'll be assessed throughout the course. At the end you will be able to complete a City & Guilds ESOL or Functional Skills assessment to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- What can I do next?
After completing these courses you may be able to progress onto:
- the next level of ESOL to continue improving your English
- other courses that require a specific level of English to join
- Your Study Programme