- Course Code: AD023
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Approved by: University of the Arts London
- Study Mode: Full time
This Level 1 in Art, Design and Media programme is a one year introduction to the world of Art and Design, intended as a stepping stone to a Level 2 programme. The course is a practical, hands-on experience giving learners the chance to explore different aspects of Art and Design and to develop skills in a range of areas from 2D Painting and drawing to 3D, Ceramics and digital imaging.
- What will I study?
This programme includes the following:
- Digital photography, Digital arts, 3D, 2D, Functional and communication skills.
- Exploring a broad range of techniques and materials for creative work.
- Using research techniques to explore different artists and their work to improve and inspire ideas and personal work.
- Producing individual, personalised work based on a range of subjects such as Print making, Ceramics, Painting and Drawing.
- Entry Requirements
This course is aimed at learners who do not have GCSE qualifications at Grade C or above. Successful candidates will provide samples of artwork which demonstrate a keen interest and ability in Art and Design.
- How will I be assessed?
Assessments are continuous, with regular feedback given so you know exactly how you are doing. In the final stages of the course you will produce a final major project. This will be set internally and externally moderated. Staff will advise and guide learners through these stages encouraging them to use all the skills they have gained throughout the course.
- What can I do next?
After successful completion of the course learners can progress to a UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design or Media and onwards to other higher level specialist areas where appropriate.
- Your Study Programme