- Course Code: S112
- Duration: 1 weeks
- Validated by: ACTIVEIQ
Course to commence from17th to 20th July
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants. This qualification gives learners the opportunity to gain an accredited qualification which provides the essential knowledge, skills and personal qualities required for an occupation in the Health and Fitness sector. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 1.
- What will I study?
What will I study:
You will complete the following units
- 1 Planning an Activity Session
- 2 Assist in Delivering an Activity Session
The course will:
- Provide you with a basic understanding of how to promote safety during activity sessions, identify and deal with hazards and reduce risks in the activity environment
- Provide you with an overview of the links between activity, health and fitness.
- Enable you to assist with the planning and preparing of an activity session plan.
- Provide you with basic skills in assisting with the delivery of a safe and effective activity sessions.
- Entry Requirements
No specific experience is required.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through work booklets and observations.
- What can I do next?
- Your Study Programme