- Course Code: D550
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Start Date: 25-Sep-19
- Validated by: NOCN
This course is for reps who want to increase their awareness of how the workplace can affect mental health and who want to improve policies for their members.
Mental health in the workplace is increasingly important. This course covers why it is important and how reps can deal with mental health issues.
This course is 18 hours.
- What will I study?
The course will help reps to:
- Develop a better understanding of Mental Health in general.
- Develop a better understanding of work related Mental Health issues.
- Develop a better understanding of Disability Discrimination Law and how it applies to people with Mental Health issues.
- Develop through the use of case studies and role play, some practical skills for dealing with Mental Health related issues.
- Produce an action plan to work with members and employers to develop a strategy for Mental Health issues.
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- Your Study Programme