- Course Code: HB125
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Full Time
This Level 3 Spa and Holistic Practice course will give you the opportunity to develop beauty skills that focus on the knowledge and underlying principles and practical skills to provide a holistic approach to clients.
You will study body massage, stone therapy, learn body wrapping and floatation treatments. You will learn to use aromatheraphy oils, leading brands such as Eve Taylor products and liaise with clients to ensure they have a positive experience at the Academy, our on campus commercial salon and treatment rooms.
- What will I study?
The course will cover mandatory and optional units that will give specialist skills to progress your career options using the spa/holistic route in Beauty Therapy. Units Include:
- Monitor procedures to safety control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy
- Provide body wrapping and floatation treatments
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Entry Requirements
Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy or other relevant industrial experience. For mature students alternative entry qualifications will be considered. Full attendance at all times is essential.
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models in a realistic working environment with industrial timings. Theory assessments can consist of online, paper based or assignments if appropriate to units undertaken.
- What can I do next?
You will be able to progress to a Level 4 QCF qualification, Foundation Degree, a teaching qualification or into industry if you are successful in your studies.
If you want to progress to doing a teaching qualification, you will the three years' industry experience.
- Your Study Programme