- Course Code: DL102
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: NCFE
- Study mode: Full Time
This qualification will give you the knowledge and skills you need to work more effectively in dementia care. It provides information on the different types of dementia, recognisable symptoms and why early diagnosis is crucial. The NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care offers a comprehensive view of different approaches to care. Find out how a person-centred approach can protect the rights of an individual. You’ll also explore unique ways of communicating and interacting with someone who has dementia and how a carer can make a difference.
- What will I study?
This qualification aims to increase your knowledge of dementia. The qualification will help
you to understand:
• types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis
• person-centred approaches in dementia care
• the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support
• the use of medication to support individuals with dementia
The course covers the following units:
- Understanding dementia
- Understand how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and
support of individuals with dementia
- Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 health and social care related qualification.
- How will I be assessed?
You can complete this course from the comfort of your own home; in your own time and at your own pace; with helpful support and encouragement from our friendly tutors.
At the end of each unit there will be an assignment, which is submitted to your tutor for feedback. To achieve the qualification, you will need to successfully complete all units in the course.
- What can I do next?
Following the end of your course, you could use your knowledge to support your career progression. This qualification will be a fantastic addition to your CV, that will help you to work towards a promotion or new role in dementia care.
You could also go on to complete further qualifications in health and social care.
- Your Study Programme