- Course Code: HS619
- Duration: 2 academic years
- Start Date: 03-Sep-18, 03-Sep-19
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Part Time
- This course is available to start in: January
This is a part time course for adults who are employed in a Health & social care setting. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a health care worker and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
- What will I study?
You will complete 9 mandatory units (28 credits) and various optional units from a wide choice.
Each of the awards is based on an amount of Credits.
Level 3 Diploma is made up of 58 credits
Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Person Centred Care
- Health & safety
- Entry Requirements
You must be employed in an appropriate Health & Social care setting.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding.
- What can I do next?
Once you have completed your Level 3 qualification you will be able to apply for a range of University courses or seek employment in health and social care settings. Many students progress on to study at University Centre at Blackburn College where a range of higher education health and social care courses are available. Particular courses that you may be interested in progress onto include:
- Health and Social Care (Health) Higher National Diploma HND
- Social Care Foundation Degree FdA
- Disability Studies (Inclusive Practice) Foundation Degree FdA
- Social Science BA (Hons) - Subject to Validation
- Applied Psychology (Counselling & Health) BSc (Hons) -Subject to Validation
- Your Study Programme