- Course Code: HB055
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Full Time
Level 3 in Hair and Media Make-up is a fantastic programme that mixes both the theory and practical skills needed for a career in the media market which covers hair, make-up and creative skills. This course is ideal for those who are interested in the media, fashion, theatrical and magazine shoots.
You will advance your skills and give the creative and technical know-how to build your professional portfolio. Units will include Creative hairdressing skills, face & body art, Fashion and Photographic make-up, Airbrush make-up, Camouflage make-up and dressing hair using a variety of techniques.
- What will I study?
The course will include units in artistic hair design, advanced make-up techniques including camouflage, photographic and fashion and will incorporate airbrushing and permanent lash applications. You will cover both mandatory and optional units. Units include:
- Monitor and maintain Health and Safety practice
- Working with colleagues within the beauty related industries
- Apply airbrush make-up to face
- Design and apply face and body art
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Styling and dressing hair
- Media make up
- Principles of studio photography
- Entry Requirements
Level 2 Diploma in Media Make up or a related course. Applicants with relevant skills or qualifications may be considered at course leader's discretion.
FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models suitable for the look to be achieved during assessment. The outcomes will be graded as Pass, Credit or Distinction. Online or paper based testing and assignments if applicable to units undertaken.
- What can I do next?
Once you have completed your Level 3 course, you will be able to progress into employment within the sector or to University. Many students progress to the University Centre at Blackburn College. A particular course students can progress on to is:
- Business Studies Foundation Degree FdA (Subject to Revalidation)
- Your Study Programme