- Course Code: HB055
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study Mode: Full time
This Level 3 Hair & Media Make up programme will advance technical skills in make up design required to work within the fashion, make-up and media industry.
- What will I study?
The course will include units in artistic hair design, advanced make-up techniques including camouflage, photographic and fashion and will incorporate airbrushing and permanent lash applications. You will cover both mandatory and optional units. Units include:
- Monitor and maintain Health and Safety practice
- Working with colleagues within the beauty related industries
- Apply airbrush make-up to face
- Design and apply face and body art
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Styling and dressing hair
- Media make up
- Principles of studio photography
- Entry Requirements
Level 2 Diploma in Media Make up or a related course. Applicants with relevant skills or qualifications may be considered at course leader's discretion.
FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models suitable for the look to be achieved during assessment. The outcomes will be graded as Pass, Credit or Distinction. Online or paper based testing and assignments if applicable to units undertaken.
- What can I do next?
You will be able to progress to a Level 4 QCF qualification, Foundation Degree, a teaching qualification or into industry if you are successful in your studies.
- Your Study Programme