- Course Code: CC505
- Duration: 1 year
- Start Date: 22-Feb-17, 05-Sep-17, 05-Feb-18
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
- Study Mode: Part time
- This course is available to start in: January
This is a part time course for adults who are employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a Teaching Assistant and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
- What will I study?
You will complete 11 mandatory units. Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Child and young person development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Schools as organisations
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development
- Entry Requirements
- You must be employed in a school for a minimum of 15 hours per week
- You should be working (or have the opportunity to) in A-Level 3 role
- You will need to be supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (preferably a Level 2 qualification)
- Evidence of support from your school
- You will need a mentor in your workplace
- You must be at least 19 years of age
- How will I be assessed?
You will be on programme for approximately 12 months. During this time you will be expected to attend an Induction and 15 x 2 hour workshops.
You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to show your knowledge and understanding.
- What can I do next?
You may progress to a Level 3 Diploma (depending on your role in school) or a Foundation Degree.
- Your Study Programme