- Course Code: S108
- Duration: 18 weeks
- Validated by: ACTIVEIQ
- Study mode: Part Time
This qualification is aimed at learners wishing to become a Personal Trainer who already hold the pre-requisite of Level 2 Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise). In addition to the planning and instruction of both Gym-Based and Personal Training programmes learners will cover a rich variety of topics including nutrition, anatomy and physiology for exercise.
- What will I study?
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Entry Requirements
Entry criteria includes 3 x GCSE's Grade D, a successful interview and induction, which will include an assessment day and completion of set tasks and activities.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through work booklets, observations and 4 multiple choice examinations
- What can I do next?
Learners can progress to Sport related degree courses at the University Centre at Blackburn College, or to a whole range of other related degree courses at leading institutions in the United Kingdom. Some learners also progress directly into employment within the Sport sector.
- Your Study Programme