- Course Code: HS618
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Start Date: 14-May-18, 03-Sep-19
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Part Time
- This course is available to start in: January
The Diploma in Health & Social Care Programme is for people working within a Health & Social Care Setting.
This is a part time course for adults who are employed in a Health & social care setting. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a health care worker and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
- What will I study?
You will complete 9 mandatory units (24 credits) and various optional units from a wide choice.
Each of the awards is based on an amount of Credits.
Level 2 Diploma is made up of 46 credits
Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Person Centred Care
- Health & safety
- Entry Requirements
- You must be employed in an appropriate Health & Social care setting.
- If you are a volunteer this will be discussed at interview.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding.
- What can I do next?
You can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Your Study Programme