- Course Code: D490
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Start Date: 08-Oct-19, 07-Sep-20
- Validated by: NOCN
The Employment Law Certificate is designed for union representatives who have already completed the TUC Stage 1 Union Representatives Course or its union equivalent.
This is a practical training course, designed for trade union workplace reps. It approaches the law from this perspective and its principal concern is how knowledge of and confidence in using employment law can improve workplace bargaining. It is not aimed at legal professionals or the finer points of technical interpretation of the law.
This course will take 60 hours to complete.
- What will I study?
The course will help you to:
- build confidence and knowledge in exploring, questioning and using employment law
- develop and consolidate research skills in finding out how legal provisions impact upon workplace rights
- review changes and challenges to workplace rights
- plan what needs to be done in relation to your union and workplace situation
- apply representational, organising and collective bargaining skills to making the most of the law at work
- work collectively in planning collective action
- prepare for/facilitate progression to advanced work on union issues, including advanced courses and union roles
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- Your Study Programme