- Course Code: HB044
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Full Time
This Level 2 Hair & Media Make-up course will prepare and give people skills on the road to becoming a media make-up artist.
- What will I study?
The course will include units in dressing, colouring and styling hair, creating an image, basic photographic make up, body art, application of make up and tanning techniques. Mandatory units include:
- Apply make up
- Body art design
- The art of photographic make up.
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Make and style a hair addition
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Entry Requirements
For students 16+ you will need 3 GCSEs Grade C or equivalent. Mature learners 19+ will be considered from the interview who display a keen interest in the subject or some background in art/design.
FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models will be graded as Pass, Credit or Distinction. The course is assignment based with written tasks being set weekly.
- What can I do next?
You will be able to progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing, Barbering or Media Make up or an apprenticeship if you are successful in your studies.
- Your Study Programme