- Course Code: CN708
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: EDEXCEL
- Study Mode: Full time
The Information and Creative Technology (including Games Devlopment) Level 2 programme is designed to teach the skills that employers desire from you, in relation to business and design.
This course is perfect for you if you want up-to-date skills in Multimedia Design, Animation and Developing Computer Games. Strong digital design skills are in demand from employers and can open many doors for you. Through this course, you could progress into a wide range of careers, as well as progressing into higher education.
- Create a digital portfolio, which you can show to employers and education leaders
- Look at how to solve IT problems
- Learn how to create and develop websites
- Develop and create exciting games
- Learn how to install and maintain hardware
- Explore and create digital graphics
In addition to developing employability skills through contact with leading technology professionals, you will;
- Acquire powerful knowledge and skills recquired to succeed in further education and a range of technological career paths.
- Benefit from course trips to Animation workshops and the IMAX Experience in Bradford.
- What will I study?
You will study the following units:-
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A Digital Portfolio
- Website Development
- Multimedia product development (Games Development)
- Installing and Maintaining Hardware
- Creating Digital Graphics
- Spreadsheet Development
Learners are required to achieve a Functional Skills qualification in English and Maths.
- Entry Requirements
3 GCSEs at Grade D/3 including English Language and Maths or completion of a Level 1 course.
- How will I be assessed?
During the course learners will be set assignments and tests that will be graded and an overall grade for the qualification awarded.
Your work will form a portfolio that you can take to employers and interviews to showcase your skills and employability.
- What can I do next?
If you achieve a Merit or Distinction and a recommendation from your Course Tutor, you can progress into Level 3 Diploma in IT or enter employment.
Learners that have also achieved Level 2 Functional Skills in both Maths and English have the opportunity to progress to the L3 Extended Diploma in IT.
- Your Study Programme