- Course Code: CC504
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Start Date: 04-Sep-17, 21-Feb-18
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
- Study Mode: Part time
- This course is available to start in: January
This is a part time course for adults who are volunteers in a school setting or those who are already employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a Teaching Assistant and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
- What will I study?
You will complete 10 mandatory units and 1 optional unit from a wide choice.
Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Child and young person development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Schools as organisations
- Behaviour management
- Entry Requirements
- You must be employed or volunteering in a school for a minimum of 10 hours per week
- You will need to be supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (preferably a Level 2 qualification)
- Evidence of support from your school
- You will need a mentor in your workplace
- You must be at least 19 years of age
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to show your knowledge and understanding.
- What can I do next?
You may progress to a Level 3 qualification.
- Your Study Programme