- Course Code: CC562
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Start Date: 26-Feb-19, 23-Sep-19, 05-Feb-20, 07-Sep-20
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
This is a part time course for adults who are volunteers in a school setting or those who are already employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom.
- What will I study?
You will complete 11 mandatory units
Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Child and young person development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Play and leisure
- Providing displays
- Behaviour management
- Entry Requirements
- You must be employed or volunteering in a school or college for a minimum of 9 hours per week. You will need to be supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (preferably a Level 2 qualification)
- Evidence of support from your school
- You will need a mentor in your workplace
- You must be at least 19 years of age
- How will I be assessed?
You will attend fortnightly sessions in college. You will also be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will produce an e-portfolio of evidence to show your knowledge and understanding
- What can I do next?
You will be qualified to apply for teaching assistant positions in a school or college setting.
Subject to eligibility you may be able to progress to a Level 3 qualification.
- Your Study Programme