Courses starting from January 2020
You don’t have to wait until September to start a course in 2020. We have a range of courses starting from January.
For 16-18 year olds
Get Started courses
Get Started courses are Level 1 programmes for those with 2 or more GCSEs – at Grade 1 or higher – who have a keen interest in a particular subject.
Move Into courses
Move Into courses are Level 2 programmes for those who have 4 or more GCSEs – at Grade 4 or higher – who want to move into a particular industry.
- Move into Art & Design
- Move into Computing
- Move into Fashion, Textiles and Design
- Move into Game Art and Concepts
- Move into Graphic Design
- Move into Media
- Move into Music
- Move into Photography
Starting Out courses
Starting Out courses are perfect for those who are ready to take their first steps into College life. Studying one of these courses is a great way of growing confidence.
- Starting Out... in Business
- Starting Out... in College
- Starting Out... in Computing
- Starting Out... in Construction
- Starting Out... in Creative Arts
- Starting Out... in Early Years and Health and Social Care
- Starting Out... in Employment
- Starting Out... in Hair and Beauty
- Starting Out... in Motor Vehicle
- Starting Out... in Sport and Public Services
- Starting Out... Right Now
Starting Out courses are perfect for those who are ready to take their first steps into College life. Studying one of these courses is a great way of growing in confidence and expressing your personality.
Vocational courses are designed to help students learn in a practical way and the courses in this section are a great way of developing a specialism in a specific area.
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma (UAL)
- Fashion Level 1
- Fashion Level 2
- Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Level 1
- Preparation for Trowel Operations Level 1
- Preparation for Wood Operations Level 1
- Princes Trust
- Public Services Level 1
- Sector Based Work Academy — Sewing Industry
- Sport and Active Leisure Level 1
Access to Higher Education
Prepare yourself for the demands of the Access to Higher Education Diploma with our Access to Higher Education Pre-Diploma.
Suited to analytical brains who have a head for numbers, accountancy explores the management of financial systems and budgets, audits and helps develop strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Access to Association of Accountancy Technicians (Level 1 Certificate)
- Certificate in Accounting (AAT Level 2) – 17 weeks
- Computerised Accounts (Sage Line 50)
English and Maths
English and Maths are essential building blocks for any career and play an important role in helping you find and sustain employment.
- Functional Skills English (including Fast-Track)
- Functional Skills Maths (including Fast-Track)
- Functional Skills ICT
- GCSE English – Fast-Track
Learning a new language can be exhilarating. Maybe you wish to have a better grasp of a language when travelling abroad? We have a range of languages available for you to study.
Skills for Work
Skills for Work are a range of free courses that support you to move into employment. Each course includes CV writing and support when making job applications.
To apply to any of the following courses, please contact the Skills for Work team on 01254 292277.
- Award in Business Administration
- Award in Customer Service
- Award in Retail Knowledge
- Back to Basics
- Computers Don’t Byte (Basic Computing)
- Health and Safety with Facilities (CSCS Card)
- Introduction to the Facilities Industry
- Jump on Board (18-24 years)
- Stay on Track (18-24 years)
- Youth Employment Programme
Trade Union courses aim to help you develop the skills required to effectively represent and organise your members at work and in your union.
- Certificate in Health and Safety for Trade Union Representatives
- Diploma in Employment Law
- Mental Health Awareness for Trade Union Representatives
- Union Reps Stage 1 Certificate
Not sure which course is right for you?
News & Student Stories
Blackburn College Enjoys Long-Standing Partnership...
Blackburn College and the award-winning Headmaster...
Apprentice Annalise Represents Blackburn College o...
Business Administration Apprentice Annalise Bartle...
University Centre Blackburn College Bring New Skil...
As Lancashire’s manufacturing businesses continue ...