Apprenticeship Levy and reform
The Apprenticeship Levy has replaced all taxpayer funding of Apprenticeships for both public and private sector companies of all sizes.
If your annual business payroll exceeds £3 million you will pay the Apprenticeship Levy. Full information is available on the Government website
How we can help
We can help you better understand the levy by offering advice and guidance specifically tailored to your business. Our dedicated team can offer you:
- Information on how your business can benefit from the Levy
- Training Needs Analysis
- Apprentice recruitment support
- Workforce development for your existing staff
Why Choose Blackburn College?
- Our dedicated Apprenticeship team can provide full recruitment support
- All Apprentices have access to our industry standard training suites or can be trained on your premises
Estimate my apprenticeship funding
Use this tool to estimate if your organisation will pay the apprenticeship levy.
What funding is available to an employer towards training costs?
The size of the contribution varies depending on the apprenticeship undertaken. If you are a non-Levy payer and you employ less than 50 people 100% of the cost of apprenticeship training will be funded if the apprentice is aged 16–18 years old. If the apprentice is over 19 then you will pay 10% of the costs.
- If your apprentice is 16-18 then you will receive a £1,000 incentive.
- If you are a levy payer and you don’t have enough funds in your account then the apprenticeship fee for that month will be reduced to 10% and the government will fund the remaining 90%.
Please note: Employers are responsible for paying their apprentice(s) wages.
Since April 2018 employers who pay the apprenticeship levy have had the option to fund apprentices in another organisations by making a transfer. Transfers were introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds and help larger employers to support smaller employers in taking on apprentices.
How to add Apprentices and set up payments
Transfer of levy funds
Since April 2018 employers who pay the apprenticeship levy have had the option to fund apprentices in another organisation by making a transfer.
Transfers were introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds and help larger employers to support smaller employers in taking on apprentices.
Currently employers can transfer up to 10% of their annual funds to one other employers to pay for apprenticeship training.
- Levy-paying employers who use the apprenticeship service can now see their transfer allowance in their account.
- They have been able to make a transfer to one other organisations from May 2018 the receiving organisation will be able to start adding apprentices from the same date.
- Training providers were then paid for these transfers from June 2018.
- The apprenticeships are approved by the sending employer before payments are made.
- Funds are transferred monthly for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Need more Information?
We can help your business navigate these important changes and ensure you secure the very best training. Contact us on 01254 292500, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the contact form below.
Data Protection Information
*Some or all of the information provided through this form may be used by Blackburn College to contact you about courses or other information you may be interested in. Such information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you are sent.
Blackburn College protects the information it has about you and does not share this with third parties unless this is to enable them to process that data on our behalf for example for marketing communications or funding obligations. Such third parties will be bound by an obligation to process such information securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.