Apprenticeship Levy and reform

The Apprenticeship Levy has replaced all taxpayer funding of Apprenticeships for both public and private sector companies of all sizes. 

If your annual business payroll exceeds £3 million you will pay the Apprenticeship Levy. Full information is available on the Government website

How we can help

We can help you better understand the levy by offering advice and guidance specifically tailored to your business. Our dedicated team can offer you:

  • Information on how your business can benefit from the Levy
  • Training Needs Analysis
  • Apprentice recruitment support
  • Workforce development for your existing staff

Why Choose Blackburn College?

  • Our dedicated Apprenticeship team can provide full recruitment support
  • All Apprentices have access to our industry standard training suites or can be trained on your premises       

Estimate my apprenticeship funding

Use this tool to estimate if your organisation will pay the apprenticeship levy.

What funding is available to an employer towards training costs?

The size of the contribution varies depending on the apprenticeship undertaken. If you are a non-Levy payer and you employ less than 50 people 100% of the cost of apprenticeship training will be funded if the apprentice is aged 16–18 years old.  If the apprentice is over 19 then you will pay 10% of the costs.
  • If your apprentice is 16-18 then you will receive a £1,000 incentive.
  • If you are a levy payer and you don’t have enough funds in your account then the apprenticeship fee for that month will be reduced to 10% and the government will fund the remaining 90%.
Please note: Employers are responsible for paying their apprentice(s) wages.
From May employers who pay the apprenticeship levy will have the option to fund apprentices in another organisation by making a transfer. Transfers are being introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds and will help larger employers to support smaller employers in taking on apprentices.

 

Transfer of levy funds



From May employers who pay the apprenticeship levy will have the option to fund apprentices in another organisation by making a transfer.

Transfers are being introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds and will help larger employers to support smaller employers in taking on apprentices.

For the first phase, employers can transfer up to 10% of their annual funds to one other employer to pay for apprenticeships.

For the first phase, employers can transfer up to 10% of their annual funds to one other employer to pay for apprenticeships.

  • Levy-paying employers who use the apprenticeship service can now see their transfer allowance in their account.
  • They will be able to make a transfer to one other organisation from May the receiving organisation will be able to start adding apprentices from May.
  • For these new apprenticeships, training providers can then be paid from June.
  • The apprenticeships will need to be approved by the sending employer before payments are made.
  • Funds will be transferred monthly for the duration of the apprenticeship.
  • A new transfers estimator tool is available to help employers plan the apprenticeships they could fund with a transfer.

Need more Information?

We can help your business navigate these important changes and ensure you secure the very best training. Contact us on 01254 292500, email business@blackburn.ac.uk, or complete the contact form below.

Quick enquiry

Any fields marked with (*) are required.

 Data Protection Information

*Some or all of the information provided through this form may be used by Blackburn College to contact you about courses or other information you may be interested in. Such information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you are sent.

Blackburn College protects the information it has about you and does not share this with third parties unless this is to enable them to process that data on our behalf for example for marketing communications or funding obligations. Such third parties will be bound by an obligation to process such information securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

%MCEPASTEBIN%