Catering Assistant - East Lancashire Hospice
- Job Description
East Lancashire Hospice provides a special way of caring to people with a life limiting illness and their families. We provide hospitality and catering for all patients, staff, volunteers and visitors to the hospice. We also provide catering for events and are opening our new cafe to the public in November 2018.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community and are looking for:
A customer focused, positive, proactive individual with a solid foundation in preparation and serving of safe, nutritious, delicious, well presented food that enhances choice and wellbeing and demonstrates value for money. You will be responsible for delivering a high quality service with regard to taste, presentation, customer service, cleanliness and food hygiene under the supervision of the Chef. Experience working in a café setting is an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have bags of enthusiasm, work well as part of a team and be passionate about meeting the needs of all customers. We’ll expect a professional and organised outlook and for you to work calmly and efficiently in a busy catering environment.
This post is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our team and help develop our brand new café Retreat at the hospice, our vision is to create a warm and friendly atmosphere with professional service which the hospice prides itself upon.
Key responsibilities will include
- Assist in preparation of hot and cold meals as directed by the Chef.
- Prepare and present evening light meals for patients and visitors.
- Prepare tea and coffee trolleys for meetings and education.
- Provide courteous, effective and responsive customer care at all times.
- Take payment for meals using the till.
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests by patients or visitors for snacks with a positive helpful attitude.
- Support provision of catering for hospice events as directed by the Chef.
- Maintain stock rotation and record supply levels.
- Effectively work as part of the catering team to ensure efficient and high quality service.
- Contributing to the delivery of a safe catering service by complying with food safety standards and health and safety requirements.
What we can offer you:
- A friendly and welcoming work environment where you’ll feel fully involved and valued.
- Attractive shift patterns - 25 hours a week working predominantly 10.00-15.00 Monday to Friday and 13.00-18.00 and 1 weekend in 3.
- 27 days holiday a year plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- The satisfaction you and your team contribute to providing a special way of caring of our patients and their families.
All enquiries and any further information regarding the above can be obtained from the recruiting manager: Lee.Hyatt@eastlancashirehospice.org.uk
Application forms and Job descriptions are available to download from our website:
www.eastlancshospice.org.uk alternatively these documents can be obtained from the general administration team on 01254 287016
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs
- Person Specification
- Other Information
- How To Apply
All enquiries and any further information regarding the above can be obtained from the recruiting manager: Denise.Williams@eastlancashirehospice.org.uk
Application forms and Job descriptions are available to download from our website:www.eastlancshospice.org.uk alternatively these documents can be obtained from the general administration team on 01254 287016
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT C.V’s