Head of Catering - East Lancashire Hospice
- Job Description
East Lancashire Hospice provides a special way of caring to people with a life limiting illness and their families. We provide meals, snacks and event catering for patients, staff, volunteers and guests to the hospice. Serving around 50-100 people each day.
We aim to provide a first class experience delivering safe, nutritious, delicious, well presented food that enhances choice and supports the wellbeing for our patients and their families. We are seeking a new Head of Catering to join our team and help us deliver our vision, take catering provision to the next level in our newly refurbished kitchen.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community and are looking for:
An experienced creative, innovative, proactive and highly skilled professional chef with a proven track record managing and leading a team to deliver high quality standards. They will be responsible for the quality of food, from conception to execution and for leading, managing, developing motivating and inspiring our team of catering staff and volunteers to work with clinical staff creating food that enhances the wellbeing of our patients and their family.
The ideal candidate will have bags of enthusiasm, demonstrate creativity, be passionate about meeting the needs of all customers, nurture, and support the team to develop their skills. We will expect a professional and organised outlook and for you to be calm under pressure. Creative and innovative, without being pretentious. You will have a desire to use fresh quality ingredients to produce a seasonal, inspiring and innovative menu reflecting a home cooked, bistro style that meets all dietary requirements, provides choice and caters to the identified preferences of our patients, staff, volunteers and guests.
Key responsibilities will include
- Identifying the needs of patients, families, staff, volunteers and guests with the clinical staff
- Designing a seasonal menu to meet identified needs including specials and options that will enhance the socialisation and wellbeing of patients and their families such as Picnics, Takeaways, Celebration Cakes, Buffets, Dinner for two etc.
- Setting quality standards in terms of taste, presentation and customer care and working alongside staff on a daily basis, leading by example, setting the pace and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Effective management of the resources within budget including obtaining supplies, stock rotation and waste management.
- Conforming to all health and safety/health and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Identifying income generation opportunities
In a nutshell the successful applicant must be able to run a kitchen in its entirety – staffing, supplies, preparation, cooking, and be a hardworking professional, reliable, able to lead and manage the catering team and work collaboratively with other heads of department. What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary–negotiable dependent upon experience.
- A friendly and welcoming work environment where you’ll feel fully involved and valued.
- Opportunity to design creative menus to enhance our reputation.
- Decent working hours –37.5 hours a week with 2 days off a week.
- 27 days holiday a year plus statutory bank holidays.
- The satisfaction you and your team contribute to providing a special way of caring of our patients and their families.
- Person Specification
- Other Information
- How To Apply
All enquiries and any further information regarding the above can be obtained from the recruiting manager: Denise.Williams@eastlancashirehospice.org.uk
Application forms and Job descriptions are available to download from our website:www.eastlancshospice.org.uk alternatively these documents can be obtained from the general administration team on 01254 287016
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT C.V’s