No matter what your current circumstances are, we’ve a route for you. Whether you’ve recently lost your job or are looking to return to education to pursue your career ambitions; we’ve a range of courses to help you meet your goals.
Start in January 2021
Courses if you're unemployed
Skills for Work is a range of FREE courses that will support you to move into employment. You will:
- Receive a recognised qualification
- Gain links with local and national employers
- Take part in mock interviews
- Receive support searching and applying for jobs
- Gain access to the Skills for Work Job Club
What will I study?
Skills for Work courses are available in a number of areas — including customer service, business administration, health and safety, construction, catering and facilities. On top of this, we offer a suite of fantastic introductory courses — such as CV writing and basic IT skills.
See our full list of Skills for Work courses if you want to better understand how they can support you move into employment.
Would you benefit from accessing support to help you achieve an Apprenticeship, a job or a Kick Start* opportunity?
Through our Jigsaw 16-24 programme, you will build confidence and communication skills and undertake a bespoke package of qualifications to develop Employability and Personal Development Skills and to help you be successful in achieving your employment.
*A Kick Start opportunity is a 6 month paid job with a local employer, funded by the Government. It provides a fully funded opportunity for young people to gain experience of working.
Please complete the form on our 16-18 January Starts page to make an application to this course.
Art and Design (UAL) Foundation Diploma
The Art and Design UAL Foundation Diploma is perfect if you're looking to progress to some of the top art and design universities in the world.
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
If English isn't your main language, our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses can help you improve your English — starting this January.
Adult Art School
Want to join a fantastic community of motivated, inspiring and likeminded people at one of the best art schools in the North West?
Visit our dedicated Adult Art School page for a full list of courses you can start this January.
We have a selection of University Centre courses that you can start this January:
- HNC Public Services (Blue Light Services)
- Children, Young People and Families Practitioner CertHE (Subject to Validation)
Want to start a life-changing degree in September 2021 but don't feel 100% ready yet?
Consider studying one of these courses — which have been designed to get you ready for university:
- Access to Higher Education: Pre-Diploma
- Certificate in Education Level 2
- Certificate in Law and Criminology Level 2
- Certificate in Social Care and Wellbeing Level 2
Best of all? You can start this course in January 2021 — so you're ready to go come September.
You can enquire about these courses using the form at the bottom of this page.
You will be able to start an Apprenticeship in January 2021 — if you have an employer who is willing to take you on. Choose from:
- Chartered Legal Executive Apprenticeship (Level 6)
- Chartered Manager Degree Level 6 Apprenticeship - Business Management with Leadership BA (Hons)
- Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship (Level 4)
- Children, Young People & Families Manager Apprenticeship (Level 5)
- Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship (Level 4)
- HR Consultant / Partner Apprenticeship Level 5
- Leader in Adult Care Apprenticeship (Level 5)
- Operational/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship (Level 5)
We have a variety of courses designed to enhance your professional practice — all starting January 2021.
- CII - Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning - Investment Principles and Risk Module - R02
- CILEx - Level 3 - Professional Diploma in Law and Practice (Year 2)
- CIPD - Level 7 - Advanced Diploma in Human Resources
- CIPS Level 3 - Advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations
- CIPS Level 4 - Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- CIPS Level 5 - Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- ILM Level 3 - Award in Leadership & Management - Evening
- ILM Level 3 - Certificate in Leadership & Management (Evening)
- ILM Level 5 - Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 7 - Developing Strategic Leadership and Management Capability
- Quality Management Masterclass
Free Digital Skills Courses
Digital Skills are more important than ever. In recent months, we’ve experienced a world where face-to-face communication hasn’t been possible and therefore having a grasp on digital technology and communication is vital to stay connected.
Our Digital Skills courses will help improve your computer skills and digital literacy so that you can move on to other areas of study or even think about applying for new jobs.
- Skills for Work ICT (Entry 2)
- Skills for Work ICT (Entry 3)
- Skills for Work ICT (Level 1)
- Skills for Work ICT (Level 2)
- English Speakers of Other Languages, ICT (All Levels)
These courses are free if you work and earn less than £17,004pa or are in receipt of: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Housing or Council Tax Benefit. Other options also apply.
Data Protection Information
*Some or all of the information provided through this form may be used by Blackburn College to contact you about courses or other information you may be interested in. Such information will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you are sent.
Blackburn College protects the information it has about you and does not share this with third parties unless this is to enable them to process that data on our behalf for example for marketing communications or funding obligations. Such third parties will be bound by an obligation to process such information securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.