Are you ready for business?
For all levels of our courses in Business you need to be able to understand the different types of business ownership including:
- Sole trader
- Private limited company
- Public limited company
- Public sector
- Not for profit (Charity)
Undertake some research that explains what each of these forms of ownership mean.
You should include information such as:
- The liability of the owners
- Number of owners
- How the business is set up
- How profits are shared
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Business examples
Keep a reference (bibliography) of the sources of information you use.
- The business area of BBC bitesize - whilst aimed at GCSE, this will also provide useful information
- Tutor2u - website which includes a Business area. Full of blog posts, resources and definitions
- Bee Business Bee - a website specifically for BTEC Business courses
- BBC Business News - the business area of the BBC news site for unbiased up to date news on the economy, businesses and money
- Economics Help - a website to help with the economic aspects of the business course
- Business Case Studies - a website with detailed information about some businesses related to specific areas of business theory
YouTube has some great videos, I recommend you looking for the following first:
- Two Teachers
- Taking the Biz
Have a question?
News & Student Stories
Blackburn College Providing Budget Shopping Lists,...
Blackburn College Catering Manager Peter Gardner i...
Online Launch for Along the Line Rail Station Proj...
The Along the Line rail station project is set for...
Hawwa Rahman - Business Level 3 Extended Diploma
"The College was very helpful when looking for wor...
Kelly Shepherd - Construction and the Built Enviro...
"I knew what days I would be in for study which me...