Health and Social Care
Your activity task is to create a wellbeing parcel to support someone who is living alone. You can draw and design your parcel, or if you prefer, create a real parcel and upload the image.
Select one of the following tasks for your wellbeing parcel.
The tasks are 1 to 3 (3 being the most challenging).
1. An activity parcel. This should contain different simple activities that an older adult could do each day for mental health wellbeing. For example a puzzle. Provide an explanation of each activity
2. A health/emergency medical parcel. This should contain essential items that an older adult might need for personal care and first aid. Describe your items and why you have selected these
3. A nutritional/ food parcel. This should contain the correct nutritional balance of food for one adult living alone , and should last one full week. Calculate the cost of your parcel
3a. Challenge yourself. Can you create some meal plans to support nutrition and healthy eating?
Websites and Reading Resources
- Pinterest - Elderly Activities
- Alzheimers - Coronavirus Activity Ideas for People Living with Dementia
Health / Emergency
- First Aid - What do you need for your home first aid kit
- Study - Types of Personal Care Skills in Nursing
Have a question?
News & Student Stories
Blackburn College Providing Budget Shopping Lists,...
Blackburn College Catering Manager Peter Gardner i...
Online Launch for Along the Line Rail Station Proj...
The Along the Line rail station project is set for...
Hawwa Rahman - Business Level 3 Extended Diploma
"The College was very helpful when looking for wor...
Kelly Shepherd - Construction and the Built Enviro...
"I knew what days I would be in for study which me...