Higher Education Review of Blackburn College - Action Plan 2015
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has confirmed the quality and standards of provision at Blackburn College following its review in 12-15 January 2015.
The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at Blackburn College.
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of its degree-awarding bodies and other awarding organisation meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
The QAA review team identified the following features of good practice at Blackburn College.
- The College's responsiveness to employer views in the development of the curriculum (Expectation B1).
- The College's approach towards and commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the curriculum and in the wider student experience (Expectation B2).
- The range of scholarly and professional development activities undertaken by staff and the consequent enrichment of the student learning experience (Expectation B3).
- The development of students' employability in the curriculum and in teaching, learning and assessment, enabling students to gain real workplace experience (Expectation B4).
- The widespread integration of work-based learning through active and extensive collaboration with employer networks (Expectation B10).
University Recent News & Student Stories
Ruth Goulding - FdA Teaching and Learning Support
Ruth Goulding talks about gaining her FdA Teaching...
Ebony Bell - The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship - BA (Hons) Business Management with Leadership
I fully intend on working my way up the career lad...
Blackburn College Hosts Young Enterprise North West Start Up Final
Blackburn College has hosted and participated in a...
Blackburn Graduate publishes book series to educate children about mental health!
Graduate from the University Centre at Blackburn C...
Mary Devers - Currently studying FdA Criminology and Criminal Justice
Mary Devers talks about studying the FdA Criminol...