Loans and grants
For Students starting in the Academic Year 2018/19
Up to £1,000 Financial Support Package available per year - that is over £3,000 available over a 3 year Honours degree!
£500 Bonus for Full-Time students
For all full-time students studying in the academic year 2018/19, we are offering a £500 bonus for full-time eligible students.
Full time undergraduate students will be offered a bonus worth £500, provided they meet initial and continuing eligibility requirements.
To be initially eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Satisfy the attendance criteria of 90% attendance or above (did you know that students awarded a First Class Honours had attendance that was on average above 93%).
- Be a full-time Higher Education student in 2018/19 paying fees above the basic full time fee level (£6,000 for 2018/19)
UCBC Access to Success Fund
University Centre at Blackburn College (UCBC) is offering the 'Access to Success Fund’. This fund has been set up to help support students succeed whilst studying at UCBC.
The Access to Success Fund is a fund that students can apply to (via one or multiple applications) in order to receive a grant of up to £500.
In addition you can also apply for a range of Loans and Grants from the government:
Tuition Fee Loan
This covers the full cost of your fees for every year of study and you only start to pay it back when you earn £25,000 a year which will be deducted directly from your salary. As your earnings increase, your payments will also increase – see below table.
The amount graduates pay each month is related to what a graduate earns and not what a graduate owes.
- Students will only be required to start paying back loans once they have graduated from (or left) university and are earning over £25,000
- For example, if you earn £27,000 per annum you will pay back £15 per month
- Loan repayments will be deducted directly from salary, normally through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Any loans which remain outstanding after 30 years will be written off.
This is to cover living costs and you can borrow up to £8,700 for every year of study. All full-time, undergraduate students can apply for this loan and you will only start to pay it back when you earn over £25,000 a year. The repayments will be deducted direct from your salary. See the table above for the levels of repayments required.
- For those starting full-time studies in September 2018, up to £8,700 per annum available for students who live away from home whilst studying at the University Centre at Blackburn College
- Up to £7,324 per annum is expected to be available for students who live in their family home whilst studying at the University Centre at Blackburn College
- Student Finance England have announced that some part-time students may be able to access a Maintenance Loan for qualifying courses. Please visit www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students for up to date information.
These are available for students on low incomes with adult or child dependents including:
- Childcare Grant – you could get up to £164.70 per week for one child and £282.63 per week if you have two or more children.
- Parents Learning Allowance – you could get up to £1,669 a year.
- Adult Dependants’ Grant – you could get up to £2,925 a year.
We would advise you to speak with our friendly and professional Student Finance team so that you can maximise the support you receive.
Call them on 01254 292839 for a chat or to make an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org