Loans and grants
For Students starting in the Academic Year 2020/21
Up to £1,000 Financial Support Package available per year - that is over £3,000 available over a 3 year Honours degree!
£500 Study Bonus for Full-Time students
For all full-time students studying in the academic year 2020/21, we are offering a £500 Study Bonus for eligible students.
UCBC Access to Success Fund
University Centre at Blackburn College (UCBC) is offering the 'Access to Success Fund’. This fund has been set up to help support students succeed whilst studying at UCBC.
In addition, you can also apply for a range of Loans and Grants from the government:
Tuition Fee Loan
This covers the full cost of your fees for every year of study and you only start to pay it back when you earn £26,575 a year which will be deducted directly from your salary. As your earnings increase, your payments will also increase – see below table.
The amount graduates pay each month is related to what a graduate earns and not what a graduate owes.
- From 6th April 2020, students will only be required to start paying back loans once they have graduated from (or left) university and are earning over £26,575.
- For example, if you earn £30,000 per annum you will only pay back £25.69 per month.
- Loan repayments will be deducted directly from salary, normally through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Any loans which remain outstanding after 30 years will be written off.
For those starting full-time studies in September 2020, up to £9,203 per annum available for students who live away from home whilst studying at the University Centre at Blackburn College.
Up to £7,747 per annum is expected to be available for students who live in their family home whilst studying at the University Centre at Blackburn College.
If you’re a part-time student, you may be able to access a Maintenance Loan for qualifying courses. Please visit www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students for up to date information.
These are available for students on low incomes with adult or child dependents for the 2020/21 academic year:
- Childcare Grant – you could get up to £174.22 per week for one child and £298.69 per week if you have two or more children.
- Parents Learning Allowance – you could get up to £1,766 a year.
- Adult Dependants’ Grant – you could get up to £3,094 a year.
We would advise you to speak with our friendly and professional Student Finance team so that you can maximise the support you receive.
Call them on 01254 292839 for a chat or to make an appointment or email email@example.com
University News & Student Stories
Blackburn College Delighted to Launch Exciting WWI...
May 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of VE Day and ...
Blackburn College Continues International Women’s ...
Business women from across the North West have cel...
University Centre Construction Students Finish Sec...
A team of University Centre Construction students ...
Blackburn College Hosts Renowned Climate Change Ac...
Over 50 people attended a climate change event hos...
‘Life-Changing’ University Centre Experience for M...
A University Centre at Blackburn College student h...
Blackburn College Teams Up with Renowned Law Firm
Blackburn’s leading Higher Education provider and ...