Postgraduate Loans are available are available for students wishing to undertake Masters Level study.
This means if you wish to study our LLM (Masters) Law course, you will be able to take out a loan for the course costs.
Postgraduate Master's Loan
- You can gain a loan of up to £11,222 from the Government
- You can take any amount up to the full £11,222 limit and there will be no minimum loan request amount
- Students aged under 60 can apply
- You can only get loans for one course, so you cannot complete another postgraduate qualification and then take out another loan
- The loan is paid directly to you (the student) not Blackburn University Centre – this means we will invoice you for your Master's degree.
- You will not be eligible for a loan if you have an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) – so if you already hold another Master's degree, including one studied overseas.
- If you apply for a Postgraduate Loan, you will not be eligible for an Adult Dependants' Grant, a Childcare Grant or a Parents' Learning Allowance.
- If you have a disability, long-term health condition or specific learning difficulties (eg. dyslexia) you can apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).
Once you're eligible to start repaying, you will only actually repay if you're earning above £1,750 a month or £404 per week – equivalent to £21,000 a year. However, this threshold may rise by the time you graduate.
The amount you currently repay for postgraduate loans is 6% of everything above that, this is lower than undergraduate loans which are set at 9% above the threshold.
Applying for your Loan
If you have previously taken out a Loan from Student Finance England you will be able to use your existing account details to apply for a Postgraduate Loan online.
Those new to Student Finance England can set up a new account. Set up a new account.
For more information
Please phone 01254 29 28 39 to speak to a member of our Student Finance team or email email@example.com.