Postgraduate Loans are available are available for students wishing to undertake Masters Level study.
This means if you wish to study our LLM (Masters) Law course in September 2019 onwards, you will be able to take out a loan for the course costs.
- You can gain a loan of up to £10,609 from the Government
- Loans will not be means-tested (ie. Your eligibility to get one will not depend on your household income)
- You can take any amount up to the full £10,609 limit and there will be no minimum loan request amount
- Students aged under 60 can apply
- You can only get loans for one course (ie. You cannot complete another postgraduate qualification and then take out another loan)
- Students from within the EU will be eligible to apply
- The loan is paid directly to you (the student) and not University Centre at Blackburn College – this means University Centre at Blackburn College will invoice you for your Masters degree.
- You will not be eligible for a loan if you have an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) (ie. you already hold another Masters degree, including one studied overseas.)
- If you apply for a Postgraduate Loan, you will not be eligible for an Adult Dependents Grant, a Childcare Grant or a Parents' Learning Allowance.
- If you have a disability, long-term health condition or specific learning difficulties (eg. dyslexia) you can apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).
You will not start repaying your loan until April 2021. From then onwards, repayments will start in the April following the end of your course.
You will only start repaying your loan when you earn over £25,000. Loan repayments will follow the same model as Tuition Fee Loans. The loan will be written off after 30 years, in the same way as the Tuition Fee Loan.
Applying for your Loan
If you have previously taken out a Loan from Student Finance England you will be able to use your existing account details to apply for a Postgraduate Loan online.
Those new to Student Finance England can set up a new account. Set up a new account.
For more information
Please phone 01254 29 28 39 to speak to a member of our Student Finance team or email email@example.com.
University News & Student Stories
Blackburn College Teams Up with Renowned Law Firm
Blackburn’s leading Higher Education provider and ...
Mohammed Hamza Hussain - FdA Public Service Manage...
Mohammed Hamza Hussain talks about graduating with...
Thomas Williams - BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineeri...
Thomas Williams graduates from the University Cent...
Katie Rigby - BA (Hons) (Top Up) Integrative Couns...
Katie Rigby talks about gaining her BA (Hons) (Top...