Specialist Industry courses help you gain the qualifications required to practice at a high level in certain jobs or professions. Courses are as suited to younger members of staff as they are to senior management.
Browse our Professional Courses
- Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA)
The Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA) is the world’s leading, and largest, professional body of management accountants. Their unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident Chartered Graduate Management Accountants (CGMAs) who can lead their organisations to sustainable success. CIMA ensures that you’re studying the most relevant qualification for a career in finance and business and they are with you every step of the way as you work towards gaining the globally recognised CGMA designation.
The Professional Qualifications focus on employability – bridging the skills gaps of newly qualified finance professionals worldwide, meeting the needs of both business and people. The syllabus is truly competency based, enabling you to develop the skills employers are really looking for, including technical, finance and business skills as well as people and leadership skills. Our industry leading assessments test your application of knowledge in real world business situations.
- CIMA - Diploma in Management Accounting - Operational Level
- CIMA - Diploma in Management Accounting - Operational Level - E1 Organisational Management Unit
- CIMA - Diploma in Management Accounting - Operational Level - F1 Financial Reporting and Taxation Unit
- CIMA - Diploma in Management Accounting - Operational Level - Operational Case Study Unit
- CIMA - Diploma in Management Accounting - Operational Level - P1 Management Accounting Unit
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
The AAT is the professional body for accounting technicians. With 125,000 global members, AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and professional body for accounting and finance staff. We offer 6 different courses with the AAT:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is Europe’s largest HR development professional body. Globally recognised brands with over 135,000 members, the CIPD pride themselves on supporting and developing those responsible for the management and development of people within organisations. We offer 3 courses:
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s largest organisation for professional marketers. At University Centre at Blackburn College we run two extremely popular courses from the CIM suite of qualifications:
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) offer a wide range of qualifications covering all aspects of leadership and management, along with specialist programmes in coaching and mentoring, HR and enterprise. A substantial number of courses are available.
- ILM Understanding How To Motivate to Improve Performance Level 3
- ILM Understanding Leadership Level 3
- ILM Understand How To Establish an Effective Team Level 3
- ILM Certificate in Leadership & Management (Including Award) Level 3
- ILM Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace Level 3
- ILM Understanding, Organising and Delegating in the Workplace Level 3
- ILM Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace Level 3
- ILM Understanding Innovation & Change in an Organisation Level 3
- ILM Understanding Discipline in the Workplace Level 3
- ILM Understand How to lead Effective Meetings Level 3
- ILM Award in Leadership & Management Level 3 - Daytime
- ILM Award in Leadership & Management Level 3 - Evening
- ILM Coaching & Mentoring (Certificate) Level 3
- ILM Award in Leadership & Management Level 5
- ILM Certificate in Leadership & Management Level 5
- ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management Level 5
- ILM Unit - Developing & Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals & Objectives Level 5
- ILM Unit - Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation Level 5
- ILM Unit - Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance Level 5
- ILM Unit - Making Professional Presentations Level 5
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
We are a Centre of Excellence for Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Qualifications. CIPS is the premier global organisation serving the procurement and supply profession. We offer 4 different CIPS qualifications:
- Buying for Beginners (Introductory Certificate in Procurement) Level 2
- CIPS - Advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations Level 3
- CIPS - Diploma in Procurement and Supply Operations Level 4
- CIPS - Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Level 5
- CIPS - Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply Level 6
- Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists (AMSPAR)
AMSPAR is The Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists. At University Centre at Blackburn College we offer a Level 5 diploma.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership. If you’re a manager and you join the CMI and become a member you’re making a statement about your standards and your determination to continually develop your management skills. We have several courses that should interest you from the CMI suite of qualifications.
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX)
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the professional association and governing body for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers, other legal practitioners and paralegals. Their role is to enhance the role and standing of Chartered Legal Executives and all our members within the legal profession.
For fifty years, CILEX has offered access to a flexible career in law. They work closely with Government and the Ministry of Justice and are recognised as one of the three core regulators of the legal profession.
- CILEx - Professional Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 3) YEAR 1
- CILEx - Professional Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 3) YEAR 2
- CILEx Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 6) Year 1
- CILEx Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 6) Year 2
- CILEx - Conveyancing (Stand Alone Unit) Level 3
- CILEx - Y2 - Land Law (Stand Alone Unit) Level 3
- CILEx - Y1 - Civil Litigation (Stand Alone Unit) Level 3
- CILEx - Conveyancing & Land Law (Special Offer Price) Level 3
- CILEx - FAST TRACK - Client Care, Civil Litigation, Conveyancing Level 6
For more information:
For more information about any of these courses telephone 01254 292500 or email email@example.com to speak to a member of our specialist team.
University News & Student Stories
Thomas Williams - Mechanical Engineering with Foun...
The lecturers and facilities at Blackburn College ...
Art Graduate to Kick Down the Barriers in Arts Cou...
Since finishing her studies, Lydia has become Arti...
University Success for Blackburn Primary School Ch...
Youngsters from six Blackburn Primary Schools have...
Fiona Cullen - FdA Criminology and Criminal Justic...
Fiona Cullen talks about achieving her FdA Crimin...
Rebecca Heath - CIPS Level 3 - Advanced Certificat...
Rebecca Heath talks about completing her CIPS Leve...
Aiden Jones - CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement ...
Aiden Jones talks about completing his CIPS Level ...