Some courses (including Early Years, Health and Social Care and Sport) require you to have completed a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check. If this applies to you make sure you complete your application online as you will not be able to go on placement without it. If you are not sure if you need a DBS check, speak to your Key College Contact to check.
To complete your DBS check you will need:
- 3 forms of ID (see below)
- £20 to pay for it
- Your home address(es) for the last 5 years - this should include month and year that you lived there
At least one of these:
- Birth certificate
- Provisional/full driving licence
- National Identity Card
And 2 or 3 of these:
- Adoption certificate
- Official letter confirming your National Insurance Number
- Recent bank statement (less than 3 months old), back account opening confirmation letter (less than 3 months old)
- P45 or P60 statement
- Official letter from college or high school (dated in the last 3 months and must include your name and address)
View our DBS Guide.