Mission, Objectives & Priorities
We aim to develop people through learning and achievement for the benefit of themselves, society and the economy. Our focus is on meeting national and regional education, skills and employability needs for individuals and the need of employers in line with Government priorities.
We deliver quality education, training, employability and work-based learning solution to thousands of organisations and learners. These include Government funded and commercial skills training and education, bespoke professional courses, employability services and regional training contracts. We continue to develop unrivalled provision and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers, people and communities, through fostering outstanding people relationships.
Transforming students' lives and our community, through outstanding education, training and support.
Aspiring, innovating and achieving together, across our community.
- Excellence - we strive for excellence to realise the potential of our learners;
- Knowledge - we promote the value of learning in the developing of curious minds and the acquisition of knowledge;
- Empowerment - we empower our learners to change their lives through education and training;
- Equality - we promote equality and diversity;
- Commitment - we are committed to our learners' education, training and support;
- Respect - we treat everyone equally and with respect.
Achieving the Mission
- Theme One – Students
Deliver outstanding teaching, learning, assessment and support to our students, enabling them to progress positively to further study or employment
- Theme Two - Staff
Provide a supportive and developmental environment for staff, underpinned by effective communication and consultation
- Theme Three - Resources
Ensure financial stability and the effective use of resources in order to invest in our students and our staff
- Theme Four - Partnerships
Work in partnership with others for the benefit of Blackburn College, Blackburn with Darwen, Lancashire and beyond.